How to fix occasional portal issues in D365 that keep you awake
Sometimes you encounter snags with the power apps portal that hosts marketing pages and event websites. For instance, any changes you’ve made in D365 Marketing may fail to display on the portal. Such modifications may include image updates, changes in payment gateway, etc. Whatever the issue is, it’s easy to fix them by clearing the portal cache or restarting it.
Clear the portal cache
The first way to fix the portal issue is to clear the cache. For this, you need to set up a portal user with admin rights. It will help you to fix many annoying issues and save much of your time.
How to set a user portal?
This section outlines the steps for setting up a user portal for clearing cache.
Create an account
Create an account on the portal by describing yourself as a portal user. Follow the steps described below:
- Open the event website by clicking on the globe icon that appears next to the event URL field. Choose the Sign In option that appears at the top of the page.
- Create a new account by clicking on the Register tab. Fill in the required details.
- Also, remember that you use an email id distinct from your contacts in your database. Don’t forget to note down your username and password.
- Enter the required information in the profile and click update. Your account is created.
Assign appropriate permissions to wipe off the cache
Once you’re done with creating your account, you must grant admin rights to the new account. Follow the steps below for the administrator configuration of the account.
- Select the Dynamics 365 custom app by logging in to D365 Marketing.
- Open the custom app and choose Portals. Explore the left navigation pane and select security>contacts.
- It will open the portal’s contact page, where you can view all the contacts by exploring the system-view-selector menu and selecting All Contacts.
- Open your portal user.
- Choose portal contact form view from the form view selector.
- Click the details tab>web role>add existing web role.
- Open the role menu. Choose the administrator event portal to assign the role that you would like to give to your contact.
- Click on the Add button that appears at the bottom. It will update the permissions of your account to the administrator.
Wipe off the portal cache
After setting up your portal administrator account, you can use your account to clear the portal cache. Follow the steps described below.
- Open your event website and choose Sign In.
- Sign In with your event administrator account.
- Enter the URL specified below.
The “YourPortalDomain” refers to the domain of your portal. You can get the portal domain name from the URL that appears when you sign in.
- The portal administration page will open from where you can clear the portal cache by clicking “Clear cache.”
- Once you click the clear cache, your portal cache will be cleared and you’ll be logged out of the portal.
Restarting the portal
Sometimes, the portal issues might not resolve even after clearing the cache. In such a scenario, you’ll have to resort to restarting the portal. However, it will take some time. Also, your portal will be temporarily offline for the time the process is going on. If you want to restart it, follow the steps below:
- Open the Power Portal admin center and choose Resources> Portals.
- From the list of portals, select your portal and choose Manage.
- From the portal manager, choose Portal action> Restart
- Confirm the action, and wait for the process to complete.
The above steps will resolve the issues you’re facing with your portal. However, if you’re unable to fix the problems on your own, you can reach out to the consultants at Dream Dynamics for a quick resolution. For more info visit, https://dreamdynamicserp.com/.